EVMaker Tesla has officially started accepting bitcoin as a payment method to buy its electric cars. At the same time, Bitcoin became the first automaker to include Bitcoin in its payment options.
Last month, Tesla made a massive $1.5 billion investment in cryptocurrencies. Now its CEO Elon Musk has tweeted in his usual style to publish the big news.
It also updated the ‘Pay Thrix Bitcoin’ option on its website. In any case, here’s how you can buy Tesla using Bitcoin.
How to buy Tesla using Bitcoin?
The UI of Tesla’s website is not complicated. Tesla keeps the payment process very simple and simple. You need to follow the simple steps:
- When you open Tesla’s website, you’ll be directed to the homepage.
- Then click on the model you want to buy from the options available at the top.
- As soon as you select the car, you will descend directly on its dedicated section.
- Where you will see the order nau option on the first and last page, you can click on any option to use bitcoin’s Systeme.
- Now you can configure your car and finally, you need to click on the ‘Continue to pay option.
- Here, a new option for payment via Bitcoin appears on the screen and you can continue paying higher.
- Now you can start payment from your Bitcoin wallet by scanning or copying the QR code and paste the Bitcoin address into your wallet.
What if I send the wrong amount?
If you do not send the exact amount when placing an order, you can cancel your order. On the other hand, if you don’t pay the exact amount of your car’s final dues, the delivery of your car may be delayed.
If I have bitcoin in more than one wallet, can I pay in instalments?
No, you should send the exact amount at once for smooth and timely processing of your order.
Which countries accept Bitcoin payments?
Currently, the payment option is only available in the US. Tesla, however, said it would expand options for other countries.
What if I send another cryptocurrency?
Unfortunately, Tesla doesn’t accept the money and it loses money.
How long does it take to process payments?
According to Tesla, the transaction will take 1 minute to complete. If the transaction does not occur, do not try to repeat the payment. Wait for Tesla to send you any notification about payment confirmation on your email. It can take up to six hours to receive the payment.